Our client, a business consulting and accounting firm, based in Paarl is looking for a skilled SAIPA Accountant to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
The responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. The successful candidate should be familiar with SARS and the EFiling portal.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
· EFiling submissions: VAT, EMP201 EMP501, Income Tax etc.
· SARS follow-ups, investigations and procedures.
· Perform accounting, debtors and creditors functions
· Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
· Perform cashbook and general ledger postings and statements
· Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
· Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
· Provide assistance and support to company personnel
· Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
· Perform statutory E-Filing submissions
· Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
· SAIPA Registered Accountant
· 5+ years proven accounting experience, preferably in an accounting firm
· Excellent Excel skills
· Relevant financial tertiary qualification
· Well organized and Independent
· Fluent in Afrikaans & English
· Xero and Pastel proficient
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR367 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format, your salary expectation and notice period to email@example.com. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.