Our client, a manufacturing concern in the Cape Winelands region is looking for a Quality Control Assistant / Food Technologist to join their team. The successful candidate will be assisting the Quality Manager with managing the food safety and quality system, technical tasks regarding new product development and management of laboratory staff.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Laboratory and personnel:
· Oversee daily duties of laboratory staff.
· Ensure adherence to company disciplinary policies.
· Develop and provide training for food safety and quality requirements.
· Oversee and assist with testing procedures.
· Assist with administration of orders and invoicing of cultures, laboratory equipment, testing procedures and any other technical services.
Food Safety / Quality System:
· Assist in the maintenance of records to indicate due diligence of food safety and quality system.
· Assist with the review of the food safety system for continued adequacy, suitability and effectiveness through system audits.
· Conduct facility audits to ensure compliance and continued improvement.
· Assist with third party (external) audits.
· Evaluation of potential and existing suppliers to ensure compliance.
· Maintain the Microbiological testing program.
· Manage Customer Complaints System and provide monthly trends to Technical Manager.
· Assist with product recall activities.
· Assist with the development and control of product flow diagrams required for HACCP studies (Food safety).
· Oversee process control testing procedures, trends and review of results.
· Conduct traceability audits.
· Assist with non-conformance system.
· Assist with technical tasks related to new product development.
· BSc Qualification /Diploma in food Science
· Experience: 1-3 Years in food production or a similar food safety role.
· Good understanding of food safety and HACCP (Food safety Training)
· Background in Microbiology will be beneficial.
· Reports directly to Quality Control Manager
· Working Hours: Monday – Friday: 07:00 – 17:00
· Overtime, Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday work can be expected.
R12 000 – R15 000 CTC
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR371 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format, salary expectation as well as your notice period to email@example.com. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.